Distance learning by emergency rule approved for continuing education for the 2019–2021 renewal cycle.
The Florida Board of Massage Therapy (the Board) made many emergency rules during the COVID-19 pandemic. At its peak, there was concern about the safety of students and instructors, and the Board amended the rules regarding continuing education to allow approved online courses to be used to meet the 12-hour hands-on technique requirement for the 2019–2021 renewal cycle.
ABMP worked with the Board on behalf of our members and received approval for the following courses in the “Distance Learning Hands-On Technique” category:
- A Detailed Approach to General Neck Pain—CE Broker #20-846815
- A Detailed Approach to Low-Back Pain—CE Broker #20-846821
- Assessing and Treating Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow—CE Broker #20-846831
- Balancing the Shoulder—CE Broker #20-846829
- Myofascial Techniques: Hands-On for the Hands—CE Broker #20-843921
- Stretching the Piriformis—CE Broker #20-846811
The Florida Board of Massage Therapy created this helpful resource that lists the steps in CE Broker to see the full list of CE courses that are approved in the “Distance Learning Hands-On Techniques” category. As always, ABMP courses may be used to meet the 2-hour “Ethics” and 6-hour “General” requirements.
We invite you to visit the ABMP Education Center, where ABMP members have access to 200-plus hours of free continuing education. ABMP Certified members have access to an additional 400 hours of continuing education through the World Massage Conference library of courses. Let us help you learn and earn your CE!
If you have questions or concerns, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.