ABMP Five-Minute Muscles is an exciting members-only app that lets massage therapists and bodyworkers quickly and easily refresh your muscle knowledge wherever and whenever with just a few clicks.
ABMP Five-Minute Muscles is exclusively available as a benefit of ABMP professional membership, or for students as part of ABMP Exam Coach Plus.
If you’re not an ABMP member, get ABMP Five-Minute Muscles, ABMP Pocket Pathology, hundreds of hours of free CE in the ABMP Education Center, professional liability insurance, and much, much more by joining today!
How Can I Use ABMP Five-Minute Muscles?
Covering the seven muscle regions and 83 muscles most often addressed by professional massage therapists (according to a comprehensive review by the Entry-Level Analysis Project), you’ll have origin/insertion/actions at your fingertips, plus helpful palpation and technique videos—for each muscle—from master massage therapist Clint Chandler.
Interested in seeing how it works? Try a demo and explore muscle-specific technique videos and information about the levator scapulae.
Sample Technique Video from ABMP Five-Minute Muscles
Whether you use it as a fun and helpful review in your off hours or an emergency check-in between clients or after intake, ABMP Five-Minute Muscles is intuitive, easy to use, and ready to bring you results that can support your hands-on work. Here are a few ways our ABMP staff massage therapists have used the program so far:
- Review a muscle before a client session.
- Show a client the muscles you’ll work on.
- Quiz yourself, or a fellow massage therapist.
- Conduct an in-depth muscle review plan.
- Quickly refresh yourself on a muscle after client intake.
- Learn new muscle-specific techniques.
- Practice your palpation along with the videos.
Getting Started with ABMP Five-Minute Muscles for ABMP members
- Log in to your ABMP membership for access.
- Choose the region of the muscle
(Pro tip: If you know the muscle you’re looking for, use the search function to get there even faster)!
- Find your muscle either by name, or by scrolling through the pictures and recognizing its location.
- Explore the facts, or dig deeper and watch videos with specific tips for palpating and working on your muscle of choice.
(Pro tip: You can “favorite” a muscle using the star function to save it for later, plus ABMP Five-Minute Muscles automatically tracks the last five muscles you’ve visited).