Information for Practitioners
Why Choose ABMP?
Discover how you can benefit from ABMP Membership.
Find out which level of membership is right for you.
Massage & Bodywork
Get instant access to our award-winning magazine’s digital edition.
Sign up for one of our upcoming webinars.
Why choose ABMP?
We help protect you
The liability insurance included with ABMP membership gives you:
- The highest-dollar coverages available: $2 million per incident and $6 million per policy year.
- An individual aggregate, which means your coverage limits are not shared with other members (other providers pool their coverage).
- Occurrence form coverage to protect you from late-filed claims.
- Coverage wherever you work, plus no charge for Additional Insured Endorsements.
- Need help understanding liability insurance? Check out our handy guide.
We help you get more business
ABMP membership gives you:
- Your own website, which you can set up in an hour with our easy-to-use web builder.
- An enhanced FREE account with MassageBook, including online booking, electronic SOAP notes, and more.
- Body Sense magazine and customizable marketing materials to share with clients.
- Massagetherapy.com, our client-education site featuring a therapist locator service with your own personalized listing.
We help you learn and grow
ABMP membership gives you:
- Our online education center, featuring more than 100 archived webinars and continuing education courses, with new ones being added all the time.
- The award-winning Massage & Bodywork magazine, both in print and digital editions, full of articles from the leading names in the profession.
- Several helpful guides to help you take the next step in your career, like the Successful Practice Handbook and Let’s Go! resource manual.
We give you 50+ member discounts
ABMP members receive big discounts on massage tables and supplies, cell phone service, hotels, rental cars, retail goods, and much, much more!
“I think I will save enough with your discounts at other retailers to pay for my membership. Now that’s cool!”
—Ann, ABMP member
We make it easy to do what you need
ABMP membership gives you:
- Expectmore customer service that will be there when you need us to answer questions and help you get the most out of membership.
- Legislative support, information, and resources to protect your interests on the issues that are important to the profession.
- A dedicated staff to make sure your needs are met and your membership value is always increasing.
What’s the difference?
Our baseline level of membership gives you:
- Comprehensive liability insurance.
- A professional website, plus our easy-to-use web builder.
- Award-winning publications, including Massage & Bodywork.
- 50+ discounts on massage supplies, cell phone service, and more.
- Marketing and practice-building guides and resources.
- 100+ archived webinars with CE available, plus more added all the time.
- And more...
Everything included in our baseline level, PLUS:
- Even bigger discounts on massage tables and supplies, and more.
- Free music downloads from At Peace Media.
- Ebooks with free CE on topics like oncology massage.
- Top listing on the Massagetherapy.com referral service.
- Unique ABMP Certified member ID materials to display to clients.
- And more...
From ABMP Members
“Thank you for your extensive and in-depth offerings for those who purchase insurance from you. It really shows that you all go above and beyond and do so much on so many levels.”
“I have been and remain a member of many professional organizations, including ABMP. It has been my experience that by far ABMP is the BEST of the bunch (and I work for some of the others). The quality of the material, the benefits, the cost, and the AMAZING STAFF have always set ABMP apart. I just wanted to let everyone there know that your work is greatly appreciated.”
“Wow, where can you go to get a simple, user-friendly website that is basically FREE! (Actually, I think the fees pay for the website and the insurance is free … just saying!) I have been with ABMP since 2007 and love it.”
“ABMP is much more than an insurance company to me. They have been the life blood for some of my marketing ideas—brochures, newsletters, etc.”
“ABMP webinars have been the most helpful tool since I've become a massage therapist. The other group I was with is not as involved with the success of their members, even though they try to look that way. Thanks for being the real deal.”
“ABMP has made running my business so much easier! Can't imagine how I would have succeeded without them!”
“I have used other website services and am very glad I decided to take advantage of ABMP's free website. For me, it was easier to understand and work with than the others, and my website looks just as good (or better) than the other websites and functions really well.”
“Best money spent EVER! I love ABMP! You offer so many wonderful benefits and always have my back!”
“I love ABMP for all that it has to offer aside from insurance coverage. They are a source of inspiration, education, creativity, and motivation. I can't see myself asan LMT without them!”
“The free website that comes with the membership is awesome. I love that it's easy to customize and my clients love that it's user friendly.”
“ABMP puts the EASE in easy! From marketing to continuing education I have it all! I am grateful!! Thank you ABMP for all you do!!”
Read Massage & Bodywork Magazine Online
ABMP's award-winning magazine brings you more articles from the top names in the profession than anyone else. Learn new skills, gain information to boost your practice, and stay up to date on the biggest news in the profession.Get Instant Access
Register for an ABMP Event
ABMP members get access to more than 125 archived webinars, with new ones happening all the time, plus select in-person training events.
Join us for one of our upcoming webinars or events!Sign Up Now
The Massage Therapy Foundation (MTF) offers massage therapy students and practitioners the opportunity to advance their work through contest and grant programs.
The following grants and programs will be offered in 2016:
The ABMP School Forums will be back in 2016, and in three locations across the country to make it easier for school owners, directors, admissions representatives, instructors, career services counselors, and curriculum designers to attend.
Biofreeze, Massage Envy Spa, and Bon Vital’ announced the winners of their second annual Successful Hands Grant Program. The program supports professional massage therapy students in their educational pursuits. Applicants were asked to complete a 200-word essay on the topic, “What being a successful massage therapist means to me.” Each winner received a $1,000 grant, and each winner’s school received a $1,000 grant package.
The winners are:
A new free music download is available for ABMP Certified members. Mountain Light, by musician/composer Rob Whitesides-Woo, is a compilation of songs spanning international cultures. Normally $9.99, Mountain Light is perfect relaxation music to be used in a variety of settings, including massage, meditation, and reading.
Latest Blog Posts
Have you ever gotten to that place where you thought your head would actually catch on fire with all the stress being fueled within?
Wait, you’re massage therapists. You know how to manage your stress, right?!
But many massage clients don’t, especially this time of year. When stress takes over your clients, and tries to pull them down into the swirl of that frenetic abyss, they can: