ABMP is excited to congratulate this year’s Massage is for EveryBody $1,000 award winners, and celebrate the profound benefits of bodywork in diverse communities.
Exemplifying the guiding principles (listed below) of ABMP’s ongoing Massage is for EveryBody campaign, this year’s recipients tell stories of serving breast cancer survivors, veterans, and the elderly. They bring massage to underserved populations. And they support other practitioners in their healing work. Read their inspiring stories here! We are sure you will recognize your work in theirs.
We at ABMP were humbled to receive a multitude of entries this year, and it’s important to say that all of these stories are worth sharing. To that end, we encourage you to share your story with those in your community, because it is work that should be shared and celebrated.
Massage is for EveryBody—5 Guiding Principles
Because Massage is for EveryBody, we will:
- Serve as advocates for the powerful physical and emotional benefits of massage and bodywork.
- Support and advocate for efforts that bring massage and bodywork to underserved populations.
- Spread awareness of career options in the massage and bodywork profession.
- Honor the healing role practitioners play in our communities.
- Emphasize the importance of self-care—including receiving regular bodywork—for practitioners and their clients.