$1,000 Winners Exemplify the Campaign’s Guiding Principles
To see previous Massage is for EveryBody winners, please visit the archives.
ABMP received a number of passionate essays explaining the many ways in which practitioners work tirelessly to support the guiding principles behind Massage is for EveryBody. We at ABMP are deeply grateful to you all for your healing, inclusive work. You make the world a better place. Congratulations to the following winners (essays below) whose work exemplifies the healing and inclusive values of the campaign:
- Intercultural Healing: Massage in LGBTQ+ and BIPOC Communities, By Ihotu Ali
- Beyond Words: Massage and Cancer Treatment, By Josh Casey
- After Domestic Violence: Massage as a Recovery Companion, by By Margaret Finger
- Shoulder Rub? Massage for Down Syndrome, by By Aly George
- In Recovery: Massage for Addiction, by By Jessica Irelan
- No Limitations: Providing Massage from a Wheelchair, by By Erica Ladenthin
- Caring for the Caretakers, by By Darryl Langston
- Hardship and Healing: Massage for the Underserved, by By Julie Plachta
- At the Heart: Massage for Breast Health, by By Jennifer Telford
- Lasting Touch: End-of-Life Care, by By Esther White
Because Massage is for EveryBody, we will:
- Serve as advocates for the powerful physical and emotional benefits of massage and bodywork.
- Support and advocate for efforts that bring massage and bodywork to underserved populations.
- Spread awareness of career options in the massage and bodywork profession.
- Honor the healing role practitioners play in our communities.
- Emphasize the importance of self-care, including receiving regular bodywork, for massage therapists and bodyworkers, and their clients.