Are you the best massage therapist around? Then consider pitting your tapotement skills against the best therapists in the world at the World Championship of Massage, June 3–4, 2017, in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The contest consists of five categories, and judges will evaluate the participants in the following areas:
- Innovation and development of new methods
The categories are:
- Swedish massage (Western massage, including classical massage, sports massage, myofascial release, muscle energy technique, neuromuscular techniques, etc.)
- Asian massage (Thai massage, Shiatsu, Tui Na, Ayurveda, etc.)
- Wellness massage (Hot stone massage, aromatherapy, spa massage, lymph drainage, holistic massage, etc.)
- Free Style (Combination of different types of massage, self-treatment, mobilization, cupping, etc.)
- Chair massage (both Asian- and Western-inspired)
Each participant may compete in one or two categories.
For the full contest rules, including judging criteria, visit www.worldchampionship-massage.com/rules.