The International SPA Association (ISPA) has announced winners of the 2022 ISPA Innovate Awards, celebrating members whose thoughtful and creative innovations advance the spa industry. For the past 10 years the awards have highlighted spas and resource partners who implemented new and innovative business practices, philanthropic efforts, and technologies.
“The talent and kindness that has been displayed in our industry throughout this past year is truly heartwarming,” ISPA President Lynne McNees said. “We are fortunate to have so many creative minds within the ISPA community, and we are pleased to recognize this year’s ISPA Innovate Awards winners.”
ISPA members determined the winners by voting for their favorite submissions from a record number of highly qualified applications.
Winners will be recognized for their contributions at the 2023 ISPA Conference May 9–11 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
The ISPA Innovate Awards categories and recipients are mentioned below, along with a brief description of their winning submission.
• Carillon Miami Wellness Resort: Setting the Bar in Technology for Wellness Across the World. Carillon launched more than $1.2 million in new technology in 2022.
• HEI Hotels & Resorts: C.A.L.M. Rooms for Associates—Creating Acceptance & Love with Material Change. HEI developed a C.A.L.M. room kit that details steps to customize a calm space for their associates with tools for self-care, relaxation, and wellness.
• Noel Asmar Group Inc.: Noel Asmar Uniforms Becomes First Health and Wellness Uniform Provider. The Noel Asmar uniform line is the first one-stop provider of spa and medical uniforms.
• Strata at Garden of the Gods Resort & Club: Women-Led, Whole-Women Focused, Integrated Wellness Program. Strata is creating a meaningful plan curated by experts across medical and wellness disciplines to meet their patients’ specific health and wellness goals.
• Eminence Organic Skin Care: Water Catchment Project to Benefit 1,700 Tanzanian Farmers. This catchment system collects rainwater at 39 tree nursery sites, enabling farmers to water their crops. Eminence also plants a tree for each retail product sold.
• FarmHouse Fresh: Rescue for Two—Rescuing Complexions and Neglected Animals. The headquarters doubles as a hydroponic farm and farm sanctuary. Each product purchased is traceable to rescue initiatives.
• Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita: Yappy Wellness. Yappy Wellness is an activity for guests to enjoy rescue dogs. Through this collaboration with Wet Noses Rescue, six dogs were adopted in 2022.
• The Polo Club of Boca Raton: Helping Those to Enjoy the Little Things. A Spa/Fitness expo put on by the Polo Club that allows them an opportunity to meet with their vendors and help local organizations gain exposure and receive donations.
• Book4Time: Yield Management, Demand Generation Pricing. This service is a highly beneficial tool for spa directors and revenue managers looking for new ways to maximize revenue.
• Lemi Group: Enhancing Guests Wellness Experience. AMALFI was created to enhance guests’ wellness experience by being able to receive multiple treatments without the need to move.
• Living Earth Crafts: Vibro-Acoustic Resonance Therapy. The LEC Mind-Sync Lounger addresses the need for unattended treatment options while providing additional revenue opportunities.
• The Spa at Chateau Elan Winery & Resort: Incorporating Wellness Into the Overnight Experience. The overnight accommodations give guests a relaxing night sleep and access to spa amenities, daily fitness classes, restaurant, a variety of spa treatments, and the ability to work out from their room.
For more information about ISPA and the 2022 Innovate Awards Winners, visit experienceispa.com.