The International SPA Association (ISPA) recently named the 12 winners of the 2021 ISPA Innovate Awards. This year’s awards highlighted solutions and innovations implemented specifically in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in three categories: business practices, philanthropy, and technology.
“The creativity that so many have shown during this exceptionally challenging period for our industry is truly inspiring,” says ISPA President Lynne McNees. “We are so pleased to recognize this year’s ISPA Innovate Award winners and shine a light on their exceptional work.”
ISPA members determined the winners by voting for their favorite submissions from a deep pool of nearly 60 applications. Unlike in previous years, ISPA’s Innovation of the Year will not be awarded in 2021.
The ISPA Innovate Award categories and recipients are noted below, along with a brief description of the winning submission.
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts: “Lead with Care” Global Operating Guidelines – Lead with Care guidelines and resources prioritize staff and guest care and allowed for a safe return to business.
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group: Inner Strength: Outer Strength Online Course – This online course supports MOHG colleagues through content focused on vitality, mindfulness and authenticity.
- STRATA Integrated Wellness and Spa at Garden of the Gods Resort and Club: Wellness Concierge Medical Memberships – These five scientifically driven, evidence-based memberships each provide integrative, immersive and innovative treatments and services.
- Noel Asmar Group Inc.: Face Masks with Filter Pocket and Uniform-Matching Shields – These unique facemasks for all day use feature OEKETEX fabric (certified to be free of harmful chemicals and metals) to prevent chafing.
- Beauty Changes Lives: COVID-19 Relief Grant – Beauty Changes Lives organized spa professionals and brands to raise $256,000 in funds to support COVID-19 relief grants for individuals in the spa industry.
- Eminence Organic Skin Care: New Product Donation Initiative - Eminence Organic Skin Care produced and donated over 56,000 protection and care products to groups and facilities responding to COVID-19.
- Goddess Health & Wellness Day Spa: Raising Scholarship Funds for Underprivileged Women – All proceeds from the new book Back Yourself—written in collaboration with Australian businesswomen—go to a scholarship program to support underprivileged women.
- Pure Fiji: Supporting Rural Communities in Times of Need – Pure Fiji developed and distributed sanitizer and essential items to groups in need, and provided food, educational supplies and other relief to Cyclone Yasa victims.
- Carillon Miami Wellness Resort: Touchless Wellness Therapies – Carillon introduced new touchless therapies with benefits ranging from recovery to sleep therapy to EMF reduction and more.
- Earthlite/Living Earth Crafts: Bolster Implemented in 200 Critical Care Units – The Earthlite Breathe Bolster Proning Kit makes prone positioning, recommended to assist in recovery from COVID-19 and more, a more comfortable experience.
- ResortSuite: Touchless Mobile App Empowers Guests to Manage Experiences – MOBILE offers guests real-time booking capabilities, touchless shake-to-pay features and more.
- WTS International: Virtual Platform Supporting Mental Health and Wellness – LifeStart, a virtual wellness platform, offers programs that promote health and mental wellness for members and guests.
More details on ISPA are available on experienceispa.com.