The Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) has announced upcoming changes to Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) content.
Using findings from the 2017 Job Task Analysis Survey, MBLEx content has been analyzed and revised. The suggested changes will be incorporated into the exam effective July 1, 2018.
Changes to the distribution of topics tested are as follows:
- Anatomy & Physiology changes from 12% to 11%
- Kinesiology changes from 11% to 12%
- Pathology, Contraindications, Areas of Caution, Special Populations changes from 13% to 14%
- Benefits and Physiological Effects of Techniques that Manipulate Soft Tissue changes from 14% to 15%
- Client Assessment Reassessment & Treatment Planning remains at 17%
- Ethics, Boundaries, Laws and Regulations changes from 15% to 16%
- Guidelines for Professional Practice changes from 13% to 15%
For further details and additional versions of the current and future content outline, visit the FSMTB website.