On March 30, 2022, Governor Inslee signed into law Senate Bill 5753 (SB 5753), which increases the number of members on the Washington Board of Massage (Board) from four to seven. The Board will now be composed of:
- Five licensed massage therapists who each have at least three years of professional experience in the practice of massage.
- One consumer member whose occupation is not in health activities or services.
- One massage educator or massage school owner with at least three years of experience in teaching or administration.
- The educator or school owner member does not have to be a massage therapist.
- This member must excuse themselves from any Board deliberations or decision making involving the school or educational program that they are professionally affiliated with.