Are you interested in serving on the Oregon State Board of Massage Therapy (OBMT)? There will be one seat open to a licensed massage therapist on the board this May, and Governor Brown’s office is looking for qualified applicants.
If you are interested in applying, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23, 2022. Once nominated, applications and references are due on the governor’s Board & Commission Member Opportunities website by March 2, 2022. ABMP encourages interested and eligible members to consider applying, as it’s a way to become more engaged in the profession. View the application process below.
Board members serve four-year terms and are residents of the state of Oregon. The board has varied responsibilities, but its primary mission is to regulate and monitor the practice of massage therapy in Oregon. The role of the OBMT is to ensure public safety by developing, implementing, and maintaining standards of professional conduct and practice. Additional information regarding board member duties and the OBMT’s vision and values can be found on the OBMT website.
How to apply:
- Indicate interest in the position to ABMP before February 23, 2022, at email@example.com so we may nominate you.
- Go to the Board & Commission Member Opportunities website here to submit your application to the governor’s office before March 2, 2022.
A complete application includes the following:
- Uploaded resume (PDF only)
- Uploaded short personal bio (PDF only)
- Responses to the three Board Interest Questions
- Responses to the Background Questions
- Responses to the Gender Identity, Personal Information, and Public Records Disclosure Tasks (these appear right after you submit your application)
Thank you for your interest in this position.