The State of Maryland is now accepting applications for a professional member seat on the Maryland State Board of Massage Therapy Examiners. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the development and vitality of our profession. This is an unpaid, volunteer position, with a $150 stipend for each meeting plus travel expenses. The Board meets once per month in Baltimore, and members serve for four year terms. This Board position term would begin on July 1, 2019.
In order to qualify for a professional member massage therapist Board seat, you must be:
- a resident of the state of Maryland;
- a licensed massage therapist of integrity and ability who is in active practice;
- a graduate of a Board-approved course in massage therapy;
- an individual who has practiced massage therapy in Maryland for at least 5 consecutive years; and
- in good standing with the Board.
If you are interested in applying for a Board seat, please email the ABMP Government Relations Department at GR@abmp.com no later than October 15, 2018, indicating your interest and attaching a recent resume, so that we may nominate you for a position then submit an online application to the Governor's Appointments Office (GAO) as soon as possible. Click here to apply online. You will be required to upload a resume with your application.
Any questions may be addressed to Kim Bennardi at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 410-767-4049.