If you have already obtained your Idaho Massage Therapist license, you can disregard this reminder.
All massage therapists in the state of Idaho must now have a State-issued massage license in order to practice. The deadline to apply for your license by grandfathering is July 1, 2014. There is no “automatic” grandfathering – you must apply to be grandfathered in.
Click here for the license application and instructions.
You can apply by grandfathering if:
(2) you took and passed the MBLEx exam or an NCBTMB exam, or
(3) you completed 500 hours of massage education at a registered school, or
(4) you have practiced massage therapy for an average of at least 5 hours per week for the past 3 years and you have 300 hours of formal training in massage, or
(5) you have practiced massage therapy for an average of at least 5 hours per week for the past 5 years and you have 200 hours of formal training in massage.
After July 1, 2014, in order to qualify for a license you must have:
(2) taken and passed the MBLEx exam, the NCETMB exam, or the NCETM exam.
Different requirements apply if you hold a current massage license issued by another state.
Don’t delay! Apply for your license now. Please contact email@example.com, or the Idaho Massage Board at (208) 334-3233, with any questions.