Performance Health and Massage Envy Franchising, LLC, have announced the winners of the 2019 Successful Hands Grant Program. The program, a six-year collaboration between two industry leaders, supports professional massage therapy students by awarding eight individual $1,000 educational grants. In addition, each winner’s school receives a $1,000 grant package.
Applicants were asked to complete a 200-word essay on “What is your ultimate goal as a massage therapist?”
“Thank you to all the students and schools who participated this year. We are always grateful for the opportunity to invest in the future of the massage therapy profession and this program is one of my favorite ways to do so,” said Craig Hall, director of sales and education, Performance Health. “I am delighted to announce this year’s winners.”
2019 Successful Hands Grant winners:
- Chaecie Bullock, Kneaded Energy School of Massage, Greensboro, NC
- Jinju Fong, Palm Beach State College, Boca Raton, FL
- Stephanie Foster, Northwest Academy of the Healing Arts, Bellingham, WA
- Melissa Hawkins, Northwest Academy for the Healing Arts, Bellingham, WA
- Noelle Jaroch, American Academy of Health and Beauty, Manchester, NH
- Priscilla Tamborini, National Holistic Institute, Sacramento, CA
- Vincent Thompson, Harrisburg Area Community College, Harrisburg, PA
- Monica Vigil, National Holistic Institute, Santa Rosa, CA
“We’re proud to continue partnering with Performance Health on this program that helps so many future therapists pursue their calling,” said Beth Stiller, president and CEO of Massage Envy.
2019 review committee members:
- Darren Buford, Editor-in-Chief, Massage & Bodywork
- Scott Dartnall, President and CEO, One Concept
- Mae Manacap-Johnson, Editor, The Gospel of Beauty
- Karen Menehan, Editor in Chief, MASSAGE Magazine
- Douglas Nelson, President, Massage Therapy Foundation
“We can’t wait to see what the 2019 winners accomplish and we look forward to kicking off the 2020 Successful Hands Grant Program early next year,” concluded Craig. “Be part of our Facebook community to stay up to date on all the launch details.”
Follow the program at www.Facebook.com/SuccessfulHandsGrants.