Our most popular webinars from last month are as follows:
1) Ethics: Preventing Sexual Misconduct in Massage Therapy with Ben Benjamin: This ethics course addresses the critical topic of sexual misconduct in massage therapy. Viewers will learn the definition and history of sexual abuse, how to maintain sexual boundaries in draping and quality of touch, and the warning signs of predator therapists. Ethical guidelines for schools, spas, clinic owners, therapists, and clients are given to prevent sexual, physical, and emotional harm in massage therapy. Use this webinar as your guide to create a safe and ethical practice.
2) Client Retention Strategies That Work with Kristin Coverly: Want to fill your schedule with repeat clients? Join Kristin to discover how to create an exceptional client retention plan for your practice. We’ll cover all aspects of retention from strategies to increase your immediate rebooking rate to ongoing marketing campaigns for current clients. This step-by-step guide will give you the tools you need to keep clients coming back!
3) Foot Reflexology 1 & 2: Benefits, Philosophy, and the 34 Points with Marc Zollicoffer: Our feet hold great healing power—a secret that ancient civilizations have known and practiced for centuries. This dynamic webinar introduces you to the benefits and philosophy of foot reflexology and highlights how the modality works with both the physical and energetic bodies. Review the anatomy of the foot—including the fascia, bony landmarks, and muscles—before following along on your own feet as the instructor teaches each of the 34 foot reflexology points in order, covering the physical location of, and technique used on, each point. This course is the first in a pairing of two webinars.
4) Intelligent Deep-Tissue Massage: Part 1-Body Mechanics with Eric Stephenson: This course teaches therapists of all experience levels a safe and effective approach for optimal body mechanics when performing Intelligent Deep-Tissue Massage. It will enable the therapist to work comfortably using standing and seated postures to perform a therapeutic massage without using unnecessary resources and potentially injuring themselves. We will introduce the “imassage” five-step process for approaching massage: presence, self-care, professionalism, knowledge, and technique. It will also include an exploration of the researched effects of forward-head posture and overuse of thumbs when performing deeper work. We will discuss delivering deep-tissue massage with the proper amount of lubricant and place a special emphasis on body mechanics and ergonomics. The purpose of the class is to introduce simple postures, movements, and approaches a therapist may employ to extend their career and avoid injury and burnout, while ensuring the highest level of core competency a therapist will need to provide a stellar client experience.
5) Active Isolated Stretching with Bruce Baltz: This webinar introduces the principles of Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) and teaches AIS techniques for the lower and upper body. You’ll learn to encourage active client participation to perform stretches that increase the flow of blood and oxygen to overcontracted and overstretched tissues. Demonstrations are shown with the client on the table and in the seated position.