ABMP members, even sole proprietors, can apply for disability insurance through our partnership with Salon & Spa Benefits (www.salonspabenefits.com). If you are unable to work due to a sickness, an injury, surgery, pregnancy complications, or maternity leave, a disability insurance policy can help you pay your normal everyday expenses.
This is an especially pertinent issue given the concern over coronavirus, and Salon & Spa Benefits has confirmed that their policy includes coverage for a diagnosis of coronavirus. (Disability insurance policies need to be active before a diagnosis occurs.)
ABMP members can learn more at www.salonspabenefits.com or call 239-593-8229 to apply for coverage with a representative.
Highlights of the policy include:
- Rates starting at $4 a week
- The ability to select your monthly, tax-free benefit from $400–$6,500
- 24-7 coverage both on and off the job
- Accident, sickness, surgery, or pregnancy complications covered after 14 days
- Maternity leave covered 9 months after the policy effective date
- A quick application process
- Rates that do not increase as you age
- Rates that do not increase if you file a claim
disability monthly cost
How much will the monthly premium be if my monthly expenses are $6000?