As a massage and bodywork professional, you deserve the full support and benefits of a professional association, not just someone selling insurance. And, as you can see by the value ABMP membership gives you, there’s a clear choice for massage association membership, which is why more professionals choose ABMP membership than any other association in the profession, even the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA).
ABMPAssociated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
AMTAAmerican Massage Therapy Association
|Individual liability insurance coverage not subject to a shared member aggregate||✓||✗|
|200+ hours of free CE, plus optional access to 400+ more CE hours with the World Massage Conference library||✓||✗|
|Free website with unlimited web pages||✓||✗|
|Award-winning magazine sent six times a year||✓||✗|
|50 + member discounts||✓||✗|
|Body Sense magazine to share with clients||✓||✗|
|$199 per year||$235 per year|
It's just another example of why massage therapists can expectmore from their association with ABMP.
If you really want to talk about value, look at ABMP Certified membership. For $229 (less than the price of a regular AMTA membership) or $20/month, you get everything included with ABMP Professional membership, plus:
- Full access to 400+ online CE hours from the World Massage Conference, all offering free CE for members.
- Even bigger discounts—up to 25% on massage tables and supplies, and more from brands like 3BScientific, Bodywork Mall, Bon Vital', Custom Craftworks, Earthlite, Oakworks, and Primal Pictures.
- Top listing on the Massagetherapy.com referral service, which receives more than 1,000,000 visits a year!
What is a shared member aggregate?
Curious about why ABMP massage insurance does not have a shared aggregate while AMTA insurance does? This blog post from ABMP president Les Sweeney explains more about the differences between ABMP and AMTA liability insurance. Specifically, the liability insurance included in ABMP membership gives you coverage at $2 million per incident and $6 million per year, just for you. Other liability insurance policies, like AMTA’s, have a master limit that is shared among all members.
Who is ABMP?
Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) is a national membership association that goes above and beyond great liability insurance to make it easier for massage and bodywork practitioners and students to succeed. Founded in 1987, ABMP is the largest massage therapy membership organization in the country for two main reasons:
- ABMP's comprehensive program of liability and business property insurance sets the standard for the profession. Specifically tailored to meet the needs of massage therapists and bodyworkers, the policy included in membership offers "occurrence form" coverage; professional, general, and product liability coverage with the highest limits available; no additional charge for Additional Insured Endorsements; and no "shared member" aggregate, like AMTA insurance provides.
- Our business philosophy is summed up by our credo: expectmore. ABMP members receive the most responsive, knowledgeable service and a comprehensive package of member benefits that includes free CE hours, dozens of member discounts, a free business website, the award-winning Massage & Bodywork magazine, dedicated legislative advocacy, and more.