This year the Global Wellness Institute is introducing Massage Makes Me Happy Day on March 20. Part of the Massage Makes Me Happy Initiative, the goal of the day is to “celebrate the proven physical, emotional, and mental benefits of massage.”
“Global Massage Makes Me Happy Day will spread global awareness of the positive impacts of massage therapy through educating and sharing the benefits, collecting data and research, and creating systems and structure to help everyone better understand what massage can do for them,” said the Global Wellness Institute in a press release.
More information about the event is available at www.globalwellnessinstitute.org/massage-makes-me-happy-initiative.
Here are several suggestions from the Global Wellness Institute team for celebrating Massage Makes Me Happy Day:
• Gift a massage: Whether it’s for a loved one, a best friend or the barista who makes your coffee every day, gifting a massage is a great way to spread happiness to people in your life.
• Massage therapists, book a massage for you: A huge part of this initiative is to also invest in your own happiness and well-being in order to do that for others. Self-care is essential to living a happier healthy life.
• Celebrate employees with a massage: Host a massage therapist and provide chair massages for your employees.
• Celebrate with family: Have a massage party with your kids.
• Offer a special promotion: If you’re a massage therapist, spa owner/director, massage school or wellness center, you can celebrate Massage Makes Me Happy Day by offering special promotions, upgrades, discounts or by hosting an event on March 20, 2018.
• Thank your massage therapist: Offer thanks to your favorite massage therapist with a card, gift or email.
• Share your story: How does massage therapy make you happy? Whether you receive massage therapy regularly or are a massage therapist yourself, share your story with others, via social media channels, using the hashtag #MassageMakesMeHappyDay.