Are you interested in serving on the Oregon State Board of Massage Therapy (OBMT)? There are two seats open to licensed massage therapists, and Governor Tina Kotek’s office is looking for qualified applicants. You must be nominated by a massage organization for a vacancy, and ABMP can help nominate you.
If you are interested in applying, please email ABMP Government Relations Director Lance Hostetter at email@example.com by November 23. Include your résumé and a paragraph or two about why you would like to sit on the board.
Being a board member is an excellent opportunity to pool the massage community’s collective viewpoints, visions, and hopes for Oregon—we encourage all eligible candidates to apply for an ABMP nomination as a way to become more engaged in the profession. Once nominated by ABMP, applicants will receive prompts to submit an application to the governor’s Board & Commission Member Opportunities website. Check out the nomination process below for more information.
Board Members and Responsibilities
Board members are licensed massage therapists, serve four-year terms, and are residents of the state of Oregon. The board has varied responsibilities, but its primary mission is to regulate and monitor the practice of massage therapy within the state. The role of the OBMT is to ensure public safety by developing, implementing, and maintaining standards of professional conduct and practice. Additional information regarding board member duties and the OBMT’s vision and values can be found on the OBMT website.
How to Apply
- Indicate interest in a board member position to ABMP Government Relations Director Lance Hostetter before November 23 at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may nominate you. Include your résumé and explain why you’d like to be a board member.
- After you receive notice you’ve been nominated:
- Access the Board & Commission Member Opportunities website and type “Massage” in the search bar.
- Click on the “State Board of Massage Therapists | Board Member” job posting and hit apply.
A complete application includes the following:
- Contact information and demographic questions
- A short personal biography
- Résumé (upload PDF)
- Background check questions
- Supplemental questions
- Voluntary disclosures
If you are unable to complete the application online, contact the Executive Appointments Office at email@example.com.
Our Government Relations team is excited to hear from you!