$1,000 Winners Exemplify the Campaign’s Guiding Principles
Below are the 2021 Massage is for EveryBody award winners. View the current winners.
ABMP received a number of passionate essays, explaining the many ways in which practitioners work tirelessly to support the guiding principles behind Massage is for EveryBody. We at ABMP are deeply grateful to you all for your healing, inclusive work. You make the world a better place. Congratulations to the following winners (essays below) whose work exemplifies the healing and inclusive values of the campaign:
- A Community Surviving Violence, by Rivkah Bacharach
- Chipping Away at Healthcare Inequity, by Peter Cao
- Making Connections for Kids, by Rachelle Caron
- Unwinding the Trauma of Poverty, by Nataly Del Cid
- Moving Back In To Your Body, by Sophia Denison-Johnston
- Walking the Transgender Journey, by Deckllan Hartte
- Fighting Back from Addiction and Mental Illness, by Alyse Kribs
- At Ease, Soldier: Massage in the Military, by Carrie Kopp Adams
- When You Show Up for Others—And the Work Shows Up for You, by Remy Olson
- Bearing Witness to a Body’s Journey, by Noriko Smith
Because Massage is for EveryBody, we will:
- Serve as advocates for the powerful physical and emotional benefits of massage and bodywork.
- Support and advocate for efforts that bring massage and bodywork to underserved populations.
- Spread awareness of career options in the massage and bodywork profession.
- Honor the healing role practitioners play in our communities.
- Emphasize the importance of self-care, including receiving regular bodywork, for massage therapists and bodyworkers, and their clients.