Social media can conjure up mixed emotions for many—perhaps your fingers fly with ease over the keyboard as you connect with your community, or maybe it’s another glaringly unchecked box on your to-do list. No matter your comfort level, there are some simple tricks of the trade to help you accomplish your social media goals.
Suppose you have completed the basics by creating a Facebook page, filling your profile with your personal information and photos, and adding a few people to your network to form an online community. (If not, start there.) What’s next? You don’t want to overload your e-community with posts, but you also don’t want your empty page to be a proverbial ghost town with tumbleweeds whistling through.
Some ideas to leave the ghost town in the rearview:
• Post photos of your beautiful massage space with an invitation to book an appointment.
• Share articles about massage therapy and all of its benefits. Stay tuned to ABMP’s Facebook page, where helpful content is posted that you can share with clients. Another way to stay in the loop is to set up Google Alerts for keywords like “massage therapy benefits” so you can get sharable content delivered to your inbox.
• Use images that encourage clients to book with you or relate with your fellow massage therapists. We’ve got plenty for you to choose from at www.facebook.com/ABMPpage/photos_stream.
• Try videos as a great way to switch up what you are posting. Create your own about your practice, or check out youtube.com/ABMPmassage.
• Do you have a special request for tips about social media? Email email@example.com and your question may be featured!
—Tara Doyle, ABMP Social Media & Marketing Coordinator