The UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine is now offering an advanced training program in hospital-based massage therapy. The program is a year-long opportunity for experienced massage therapists to gain hospital-based education and clinical experience.
According to the program website, the program is distinguished by:
- Medical complexity of patients
- Variety of medical center settings, including in-patient and out-patient clinics
- Integration into health-care teams
- Clinical supervision and peer support
- Research participation and skills development
- Certificates in hospital-based oncology, neurology, pediatrics, and palliative massage therapy
Outcomes for trainees include:
- Preparation for employment in acute care settings, including hospitals, rehabilitation centers, skilled nursing facilities, and hospice
- Skills and experience to work safely and effectively with medically complex clients/patients
- Research participation and publication opportunities
- Skills to develop new manual therapy services for hospitals, clinics, and other health-care settings
Applications will be accepted through November 22, 2019. For information on eligibility requirements, tuition, and the application process, visit https://osher.ucsf.edu/advanced-training-massage-therapy or contact Katrina Cabral at KatrinaMarie.Cabral@ucsf.edu.