In a survey of nearly 1,200 massage therapists, Massage Tables Now found that most massage therapists are "very satisfied" or "satisfied" with their careers, and nearly all therapists surveyed (99 percent) believe their work has a positive impact on their clients.
Other key takeaways from the study include:
- Overall, 88% of surveyed massage therapists are “very satisfied” or “satisfied” with their careers.
- 99% of massage therapists believe their work has a positive impact on their clients.
- Upon earning a massage license, 62% of therapists land a job in the field in less than 1 month, while 22% report earning a job at the 1 month mark.
- 78% of therapists “strongly agree” or “agree” that their massage therapy training program prepared them for a career in the field.
- Nearly 2 out of 3 massage therapists have experienced unwanted sexual advances from clients.
For an overview of the findings or to read the full study, visit www.massagetablesnow.com/blog/massage-therapist-career-satisfaction-study.