The holiday giving season is the perfect time to implement focused marketing strategies to boost your gift certificate sales.
Try these tips to increase your gift card revenue this season.
- Don't assume clients will remember that a massage with you is the perfect gift to give others; remind them! Hang a sign in your treatment room, post on social media, send emails and physical mailings, and say something in person after a session.
- Make it easy for your clients to tell their friends and family they want to receive a massage as a gift (hint, hint) by sending emails they can forward, posting shareable social media posts, and having postcards they can take with them after a session.
- Simplify the buying process by offering online gift card purchases through your website and/or online scheduling program.
- Offer a special promotion that includes an incentive for purchases by a certain date or multiple purchases. The offer may be a complimentary add-on, additional time, or a discount; get creative!
- Don't let clients have all the fun; think about how you can use gift certificates as a marketing tool and client appreciation gift, too. Thank clients for their loyalty by giving them a gift certificate for a complimentary amount of time or a service upgrade. Give clients a second certificate to gift to a friend. Hello, new clients!
Visit the ABMP Marketing Center for more resources like gift certificates, photos, posters, and more.
—Kristin Coverly is ABMP’s manager of professional education.