If you have created your ABMP website and tweaked your massage business’s Facebook page to perfection, Instagram is another possible way to spread the word about your practice. Instagram is a visual medium that you can use to speak to clients and fellow MTs. Here are some hacks to conquer the beast:
- Follow ABMP on Instagram for massage-related graphics and content @abmpmassage. (online at www.instagram.com/abmpmassage).
- Show off your massage space to entice clients to book with you—after seeing that beautiful space, how could they resist?
- Use relevant hashtags in your post’s caption to broaden your possible audience and reach. #massagetherapy #yourtown #yourbusinessname
- Add a link to your website in your Instagram profile’s bio to make it easy for clients cruising through your Instagram to book a session.
- Advanced: So, you have your elevator speech that explains who you are as a massage therapist, right? Can you shorten it to 15 seconds? Instagram allows you to create 15-second videos—try using them to explain techniques you practice, why you love what you do, self-care tips, or anything else you would like to communicate. For tips on creating or honing your elevator speech, check out bit.ly/ElevatorSpeechesForMTs.
- Bonus: Follow brands you like; some have giveaways or special discounts advertised on their profile!
—Tara Doyle, ABMP Social Media and Marketing Coordinator