Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) invites you to join us July 18–24, 2021, as we reconnect, take a collective deep breath, and celebrate that massage is for every body. An overview is available at ABMP.com/massage-week-intro—on this page we've gathered marketing ideas and materials for you to celebrate along with us!
Share the Massage is for EveryBody Week video!
Find this video at ABMP's YouTube channel to share on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Or download the video by clicking, here, and then right-clicking and choosing Save Video As.
By downloading the video you can upload it to Instagram or embed it into your website.
Follow us on Social Media:
We will be sharing content throughout the week that you can simply re-share!
However, we also encourage you to share your own content as well. See below for content ideas.
Tag us in your content for a chance to be featured on our social media, blog, podcast, or magazine!
Serve as advocates for the powerful physical and emotional benefits of massage and bodywork.
- Share our blog post on the benefits of massage or create your own social post highlighting some of the key points: "The Benefits of Massage Therapy."
- Share our article "More Than A Luxury" which shares why massage is a valuable component of a well-rounded healthcare regimen.
- Reflection Prompt: How do you impact the lives of your clients with your hands-on work?
Support and advocate for efforts that bring massage and bodywork to underserved populations.
- If you choose to volunteer or offer discounted chair massage at an event or for a cause that speaks to you, be sure to take some pictures to share on social!
- If you donate or raise funds, market your campaign on socials.
Spread awareness of career options in the massage and bodywork profession.
- Share our post on Career Opportunities.
- See our School Directory to contact a massage or bodywork school near you and establish a relationship.
- Discuss the types of services you offer.
- Reflection Prompt: What are you most proud of in your career?
Honor the healing role practitioners play in our communities.
- Re-Introduce yourself on your socials! Why did you become a Massage Therapist or Bodyworker? What does massage mean to you?
- Celebrate being a massage therapist or bodyworker! Post how you choose to honor this.
- Honor another massage therapist or bodyworker by:
- expressing the impact they've had on you,
- expressing gratitude for them,
- telling them you are proud of them!
Emphasize the importance of self-care, including receiving regular bodywork, for massage therapists, bodyworkers, and their clients.
- Share content from our ABMP Meditate & Move series.
- Find a local bodyworker at MassageTherapy.com
- Document yourself receiving a massage or practicing self-care—clients love seeing you practice what you preach!
More ABMP Content to Share:
Body Sense Magazine
Body Sense magazine, ABMP's digital magazine for health-conscious consumers is designed to educate consumers on the lasting benefits of frequent massage and bodywork and the value of good stress management. Our philosophy considers massage therapy an integral facet of a healthy lifestyle, not just an indulgence.
Share an entire issue, or an article that speaks to you with your clients:
The ABMP Podcast
While our podcast explores the issues and challenges unique to the massage and bodywork community, the following episodes are more consumer-focused, making them perfect to share with your clients!
- “Change Your Breath, Change Your Health” with James Nestor, bestselling author of Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
- Delish Nutrition with Registered Dietitian Alex Caspero
- “I am enough”: Addressing Anxiety with Amanda Huggins
- Addressing Anxiety Part 2 with Amanda Huggins
Social Media and Email Images:
Use these images to promote your offers for EveryBody Deserves a Massage Week, on social media and in your emails. Click on any image to open the preview window. If you are looking for customizable print materials, those are available at www.abmp.com/massage-for-everybody/documents.
Saving Your Images
To use the photos, click the “Download Image” link. When the image opens, right click and select “Save image as,” navigate to the location where you want to save the file, then save the image. (Mac users: Hold down the control key and click with your mouse on the image and choose "Save picture/image as," then enter a filename.)