Webinar: A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Long COVID
COVID-19 has presented unprecedented challenges to the massage therapy profession. In this course, pathology expert Ruth Werner discusses what is currently understood about long COVID, including the pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, and treatments. Learn to use a critical thinking rubric to help identify the risks, benefits, and accommodations of massage therapy for this population of clients with long COVID.
Back to course list
- COVID overview
- Signs and symptoms: Organ damage and dysautonomia
- Treatment options
- Massage therapy critical thinking rubric
- Massage therapy: risks, benefits, and accommodations
- Long COIVD screening questions
Having viewed the online massage therapy CE course, participants will be able to:
- Define the pathophysiology of long COVID.
- List the signs and symptoms of someone who has long COVID.
- List the treatments that may be used to help someone with long COVID.
- Describe the critical thinking rubric a massage therapist may use to determine if they are able to safely work with a client with long COVID.
- Identify the risks involved in working with a client with long COVID.
- Identify the benefits involved in working with a client with long COVID.
- Identify the appropriate accommodations involved in working with a client with long COVID.
Ruth Werner is an award-winning educator, writer, and retired massage therapist with a passionate interest in massage therapy research and the role of bodywork for people who struggle with health. Her groundbreaking textbook, A Massage Therapist's Guide to Pathology was first published in 1998, and is now in its 7th edition, published by Books of Discovery. Werner is a columnist for Massage and Bodywork magazine and Massage New Zealand. She teaches continuing education workshops all over the world and hosts the “I Have a Client Who …” podcast on the ABMP Podcast Network. Learn more at www.ruthwerner.com and on Facebook and Twitter @RWpathqueen. Learn more from Ruth Werner through ABMP's Pocket Pathology quick-reference app with key information on nearly 200 common pathologies!
Topics and Techniques
This online massage therapy CE course is available to you on demand to access, learn, and earn CE whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you!
Visit the ABMP Education Center FAQ page for a full list of resources.
Is this CE course approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) for CE credit?
Yes! All of the courses are approved under ABMP’s NCBTMB Approved Provider account (451086-09).
How do I earn a CE certificate for this video-based course?
After you complete the webinar video, a quiz will appear on the page. Earn a CE certificate by scoring 70% or higher on the course quiz.
How do I access my CE certificates?
CE certificates are available on your “My CE Transcripts” page and on the course page. Visit your “My CE Transcript” page by clicking “My CE” on the navigation bar at the top of your screen.