Webinar: Soul Scents: Aromatherapy for the Spirit
This course has closed captioning. Click "cc" on the video player to view.
Aromatherapist Anne Williams shares her unique model of aromatherapy in this special course for massage therapists. Explore the relationship of plants and people through history to understand how plants developed special meanings. Then, use the cultural histories and properties of juniper trees, bergamot, and lavender to create aromatherapy blends using essential oils to apply in diffusers, aroma mists, massage lubricants, baths, and steam showers. You’ll learn that every plant has a history. Every plant has a truth. Every plant has a story that can help us regenerate our energy and bring our best selves to the practice of massage and the practice of life.
ABMP members, use code ABMPAROMA for 50% off the Massage Mastery Online course, "Aromatherapy Foundations for People Serious About Authentic Aromatherapy" at www.massagemastery.online.
Back to course list
- Plants in culture
- Explore special plants: juniper, bergamot, and lavender
- Applications: electric diffuser, aroma mist, massage lubricant, aromatherapy bath, and aromatherapy steam shower
- Synergies for wellness applications
- Juniper synergies
- Bergamot synergies
- Lavender synergies
- Resources and supplies
Having viewed the online aromatherapy CE course, participants will be able to:
- Describe three ways plants gave early humans protection from disaster.
- Name the primary message of juniper trees.
- Name the primary message of bergamot trees.
- Identify the safety information related to the topical application of bergamot essence.
- List three research-proven physiological effects of inhaled bergamot essence.
- Name the primary message of lavender.
- Outline the steps for safe application related to diffusers, aroma mist, massage, baths, and showers.
- Identify at least one aromatherapy synergy recipe using juniper.
- Identify at least one aromatherapy synergy recipe using bergamot.
- Identify at least one aromatherapy synergy recipe using lavender.
Anne Williams is a licensed massage therapist, former esthetician, certified reflexologist, clinical hypnotherapist, registered counselor, aromatherapist, author, and educator. She has worked as a school director of education, massage instructor, CE provider, spa consultant, curriculum specialist, and director of education at Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP). She is currently the director of education at Massage Mastery Online. Her publications include Spa Bodywork: A Guide for Massage Therapists (2006) and Massage Mastery: From Student to Professional (2012). Learn more at www.plantspiritlife.com and https://massagemastery.online/.
Topics and Techniques
This online massage therapy CE course is available to you on demand to access, learn, and earn CE whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you!
Visit the ABMP Education Center FAQ page for a full list of resources.
Is this massage therapy CE course approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) for CE credit?
Yes! All of the courses are approved under ABMP’s NCBTMB Approved Provider account (451086-09).
How do I earn a CE certificate for this video-based course?
After you complete the webinar video, a quiz will appear on the page. Earn a CE certificate by scoring 70% or higher on the course quiz.
Can I earn a CE certificate for this course more than once?
Learners can earn one CE certificate for each course.
How do I access my CE certificates?
CE certificates are available on your “My CE Transcripts” page and on the course page. Visit your “My CE Transcript” page by clicking “My CE” on the navigation bar at the top of your screen.
"This course was so interesting. The speaker and graphics were superb! I will be using some of this in my practice."
"Excellent all the way through including the pictures."
"The six aromatherapy recipes provided for spiritual synergies are exceptional blends with rich histories and deep roots. This course was awesome! I look forward to extending my knowledge and understanding of what I have learned here."
"Beautifully presented, exquisitely detailed, and well-researched. Thank you!"