Webinar: Ethics: Create a Zero-Tolerance Practice
This course has closed captioning. Click “cc” on the video player to view.
Join Joyce Gauthier, founder of Respect Massage, for this essential ethics and boundaries course based on real-life scenarios. Learn to identify the warning signs of sexual solicitors, deter solicitors from becoming clients, empower yourself to say no, and safely escape dangerous situations. Use the skills you gain from this course to create a zero-tolerance practice.
Back to course list
- Respect Massage story and mission
- Real-life scenarios
- Red flags
- Yellow flags
- Before the session: Client screening questions, internet dos and don’ts
- During the session: Exit strategies, working alone, ways to protect yourself
- After the session: Keep records, contact the police, evaluate
Having viewed this online massage therapy ethics CE course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the warning signs and “red flags” of a sexual solicitor.
- List at least three ways a massage therapist can screen to avoid scheduling inappropriate clients.
- Describe the boundaries, policies, screening process, and intake process a massage therapist can use to prevent potentially dangerous situations with clients.
- List at least three ways a massage therapist can safely end a massage session early.
- Analyze real-life scenarios with sexual solicitors that massage therapists may encounter.
Joyce Gauthier is a licensed massage therapist from New York. She owned a successful medical massage practice in a chiropractic office for seven years before following her dream of traveling full time. Joyce is the founder of Respect Massage, a program with a mission to educate and empower massage therapists so they can easily spot, deter, and escape from clients who are looking for happy endings or “extras.” Learn more at www.respectmassage.com.
Topics and Techniques
This online massage therapy CE course is available to you on demand to access, learn, and earn CE whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you!
Visit the ABMP Education Center FAQ page for a full list of resources.
Is this ethics CE course approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) for CE credit?
Yes! All of the courses are approved under ABMP’s NCBTMB Approved Provider account (451086-09).
How do I earn a CE certificate for this video-based ethics course?
After you complete the webinar video, a quiz will appear on the page. Earn a CE certificate by scoring 70% or higher on the course quiz.
How do I access my CE certificates?
CE certificates are available on your “My CE Transcripts” page and on the course page. Visit your “My CE Transcript” page by clicking “My CE” on the navigation bar at the top of your screen.
"I am so glad that this course is being offered! When I was new to the profession, I encountered many boundary crossings and had to rely on my common sense in those moments. This course supports the therapist to establish healthy boundaries BEFORE they are in a situation in the treatment room with that inappropriate behavior. Thanks so much!"
"This was the best ethics class I've taken. I wish I had this information when I was a new therapist."
"Best CE ever! Clear and concise with no cryptic speaking which leaves you with multiple questions. I love the no-nonsense approach and the personal empowerment that this video brings is amazing!"