Webinar: Cupping with Movement for Upper-Body Conditions
This course has closed captioning. Click "cc" on the video player to view.
This course was featured during the 2021 ABMP CE Summit. Discover cupping therapy applied like you may not have seen it before! Learn the fundamental concepts, general techniques, and expected results of cupping with movement for upper-body conditions. Learn massage cupping techniques with active range of motion, passive range of motion, and complex movement to address common client conditions.
This course assumes you have taken a basic cupping class, are familiar with safety and disinfection, and are ready for some new techniques.
Back to course list
- Types of cups
- Infection control
- Benefits of cupping
- Cupping with movement: theory and principles
- Cupping with passive movement: theory and techniques
- Cupping with active movement: theory and techniques
- Cupping with complex movement: theory and techniques
- Examples from the clinic: techniques for specific client complaints
Having viewed this online massage therapy technique CE course, participants will be able to:
- Describe at least three different types of cups that may be used in massage cupping.
- List at least three contraindications for cupping.
- List the different types of movement that can be applied with cupping.
- Describe one of the techniques used for cupping with passive movement range of motion.
- Describe one of the techniques used for cupping with active movement range of motion.
- Describe the technique used for the cupping with complex movement technique.
- List the categories of restriction to which different movements within a cupping treatment are associated.
Paul Kohlmeier is a massage therapist and practitioner of Chinese medicine from Winnipeg, Canada. A self-professed research nerd, he likes to read research articles and is keen to add evidence he finds into his courses. As well as running a busy multi-disciplinary practice, he is an owner of the supply and education companies, Cupping Canada and Cupping USA. The website for US customers is www.cuppinginternational.com.
Topics and Techniques
This massage therapy cupping CE teaches the theory and application of cupping techniques with movement for upper-body conditions. Topics include benefits, contraindications, infection control, and the principles of cupping with movement. Techniques include cupping with passive movement, cupping with active movement, and cupping with complex movement.
This online massage therapy CE course is available to you on demand to access, learn, and earn CE whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you!
Visit the ABMP Education Center FAQ page for a full list of resources.
Is this cupping course approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) for CE credit?
Yes! All of the courses are approved under ABMP’s NCBTMB Approved Provider account (451086-09).
How do I earn a CE certificate for this course?
After you complete the webinar video, a quiz will appear on the page. Earn a CE certificate by scoring 70% or higher on the course quiz.
How do I access my CE certificates?
CE certificates are available on your “My CE Transcripts” page and on the course page.
Visit your “My CE Transcript” page by clicking “My CE” on the navigation bar at the top of your screen.
"Great mix of educational and instructional information at just the right pace."