Includes 5 free CE hours!
Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals is excited to bring this new topic, in the complimentary Instructors on the Front Lines (IFL) workshop series, to your area!
IFL workshops are designed for instructors teaching in a massage training program, whether or not you are a member of ABMP. Directors of education and massage program managers are also welcome to attend.
At ABMP, we count it as a privilege to have worked with more than 4,000 instructors across the country through our IFL workshops. You tell us the IFL events give you practical and relevant tools you can use in your classrooms today, a chance to interact and share ideas with peers, and a sense of renewed excitement, motivation, and inspiration. We're inspired, too, and look forward to seeing you at the workshop! If you have questions, please contact Cindy Williams, ABMP Education Facilitator, at 800-458-2267, ext. 1636.
Topic 7: Peer Learning—How to Bring Out the Best in Your Students
Peer learning is any activity, in or out of a classroom, where students learn from each other in formal or informal ways. Last year, in our Instructors on the Front Lines (IFL) Topic 6: "Creating Exceptional Learning Experiences," instructors explored learning domains, levels of learning, and instructional design for lectures, role-playing, and short activities. This year, you'll learn how to develop peer-learning activities that bring out the best in your students. Learn how to:
- Use effective demonstration methods to set students up for success
- Structure student massage exchange sessions to build both hands-on and communication skills
- Use a variety of discussion models to reinforce key concepts and improve cognitive competence
- Build student engagement and their motivation to take risks, explore techniques, and learn
- Tap new classroom resources developed for you by ABMP to make your job easier
- Enjoy teaching and your students
- And more!
Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) is excited to bring you this seventh topic in the complimentary IFL workshop series and to provide five hours of free CE, and lunch, for participants. We count it as a privilege to have worked with more than 4,000 instructors across the country.
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.: Check in and enjoy coffee and conversation with peers.
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Morning session.
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Working lunch provided by ABMP.
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Afternoon session.
- 2:30 p.m.: Presentation of certificates and goodbye.
Register for Workshops in Your Area
- June 3, 2016: Denver, CO – Registration closed
- July 8, 2016: Salt Lake City, UT – Registration closed
- August 19, 2016: Minneapolis, MN – Registration closed
- October 21, 2016: Boston, MA – Registration closed
- December 2, 2016: Los Angeles, CA – Registration closed
- January 20, 2017: Miami, FL – Registration closed
- February 10, 2017: Seattle, WA – Registration closed
- March 17, 2017: Houston, TX – Registration closed
- April 7, 2017: Phoenix, AZ – Registration closed
- May 19, 2017: Virginia Beach, VA (AMC) – Registration closed
- June 16, 2017: Philadelphia, PA – Registration closed
- August 18, 2017: Baltimore, MD – Registration closed
- September 8, 2017: Chicago, IL – Registration closed
- November 3, 2017: Nashville, TN