Beginning July 1, 2012, the massage law will require that any person operating, employed by, or performing a massage, in a licensed massage establishment, must immediately present, upon request of a Department of Health inspector/investigator or law enforcement, a valid government identification while in the establishment.
Valid government identification means one of the following:
- Current driver’s license,
- Current identification card issued by a state, territory, or district of the United States (U.S.)
- Valid passport issued by the, U.S.
- Naturalization certificate issued by the U.S.,
- Valid alien registration receipt card (green card), or
- Valid employment authorization card issued by the U.S.
In addition, any person, firm, or corporation operating a licensed massage establishment must maintain a valid work authorization document on the premises for each employee who is not a United States citizen.