ABMP Instructors on the Front Lines Workshops
IFL Special Events in 2012: Massage Therapy Foundation's "Teaching Research Literacy" Workshops
> Register for Workshops in Your Area
> Workshop Schedule
In 2012, ABMP is hosting four special events to support the Massage Therapy Foundation's (MTF) efforts to teach research literacy. The "Teaching Research Literacy" workshop is a six-hour NCBTMB-approved workshop for massage educators on incorporating basic principles of research literacy into a school's existing curriculum. ABMP is sponsoring this workshop so massage program teachers, school owners, and massage school administrators can experience it at no charge.
Why is this workshop so important?
We all agree that in order to effectively communicate the benefits of massage to their clients, massage therapists need to know how to read and evaluate research that is relevant to our field. We also recognize that most massage therapists haven't yet acquired these skills. You can help your graduates, and move the profession forward, by learning to incorporate fundamental principles of research literacy into your core massage therapy curriculum.
What you will be able to do:
- Become proficient in the language of research.
- Easily incorporate research literacy tools into your current curriculum.
- Guide students in independent case report writing.
- Promote students' case reports for publication in peer-reviewed, scientific journals.
- Connect research results to experience, in and out of the classroom.
- Learn new ways to inspire and empower your students.
- Mentor your graduates to establish more evidence-informed practices.
|8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
||Check in and enjoy coffee and conversation with peers
|9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
||Working lunch provided by ABMP
|12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
||Presentation of certificates and goodbye