ABMP Instructors on the Front Lines Workshops
IFL Topic 4: "Building Critical and Creative Thinking Skills in Massage Students"
> Register for Workshops in Your Area
> Workshop Schedule
> Workshop Refreshers
Critical and creative thinking skills are essential for
success in the massage profession.
Massage therapists must demonstrate good critical and creative thinking skills in order to assess clients, rule out contraindications, communicate effectively, plan sessions, evaluate client progress, and adapt future massage treatments based on session results. The new Instructors on the Front Lines topic, "Building Critical and Creative Thinking Skills in Massage Students," aims to support massage program instructors as they inspire students to develop the thinking tools and habits of thought
essential to critical and creative thinking. In this free five-hour workshop you get:
- Methods for teaching students the tools necessary for critical and creative thinking.
- Activities to bring critical and creative thinking concepts alive in the classroom.
- Strategies for organizing class content to build learner engagement and autonomy.
- Practical solutions to common classroom management challenges.
- Opportunities to share ideas with peers from other massage schools in a supportive environment.
- Lunch provided by ABMP.
- Certificate of Completion.
- 5 continuing education hours approved by the NCBTMB.
|8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
||Check in and enjoy coffee and conversation with peers
|9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
||Working lunch provided by ABMP
|12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
||Presentation of certificates and goodbye
> Observing & Speculating Form
> Listening Critically Self Eval
> Starbursting Form
> Assumption Busting Activity
> Cluster Mind Map
> Response Form 1
> Response Form 2